How you can help
Our local groups are currently trying to help those in need, those who are struggling to find a new home, a new country, and a safe place to raise their family and live. We realize that refugees relocated into their new homes typically add ambition, hard work, and the richness of cultural diversity.
Here are REAL WAYS you can help, right here, right now --
- DONATE - Make a donation to Champlain Valley Friends of Refugees via check or cash. We currently receive checks through St. John's Church, in Essex, NY. Donations are what have funded this website and other outreach efforts. Click here for details.
- JOIN US - Please help our efforts by joining and participating. Your voice, and your actions are important! Your time, energy, and ideas are all part of what propels us forward and helps refugees. Click here to contact us.
- JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE - (NOT YET ACTIVE) - Log into Facebook's page "Adirondack Friends of Refugees" to participate in discussions, to learn more, and to help share our good work.
- SPEAK OUT - Speaking out is powerful! You are not only educating others, you're showing many people that we who support refugees are a strong group. Please speak up at your local groups, add a mention of the refugee plight and share about our group in meetings you attend, and write a letter to the editor (because they are almost always printed). Click here for contact information.
- PRESS RELEASES - Please announce and publicize any refugee-related meeting or presentation you know of. It's easy -- simply send an email copy of the information! Click here for contact information.